The Split Payment feature is an interactive way for you to share the burden of bills with someone else.
Creating a split group
To create a group for the first time;
- Click Create a Group
- Set the group name and purpose
- Then, add members from your contact list.
Please note that members of this group will have to accept the invitation before bills can be added.
Adding bills to a group
Adding a custom bill to your group means setting up a new tab to be split with members. To do this, open the group you created and;
- Click "Add A Bill"
- Set the amount, name your bill and give it a purpose
- Click the Next button to view how much each member is paying
- Confirm by clicking "Add Bill"
Note that the set amount is automatically divided among members of the group, to edit this, you can click the + or - buttons next to the member's name.
Send payment reminder
You also have the option of sending "Payment Reminders" to each member in a group. To do this, open your group. Open one of your bills and click on the "Send Payment Reminder" button. Confirm your choice by clicking on the "Confirm Payment Reminder" button.
Splitting an existing transaction
You can split an existing transaction with a gomoney user from your contact list in no time. Here's how:
- Click on the transaction and then select the "Split Cost" option
- The transaction amount and purpose are uploaded automatically (these can't be edited)
- Choose a contact to split this cost with
- A split bill is automatically created, and a payment request is sent to the added contact.
Here is a list of categories that can be split:
- Bills (Airtime, DSTV, etc.)
- Card purchases — Online and POS
- Money sent out — Expenses
Things you can't split:
- Money in
- Cash withdrawal