What are Categories?
Categories are a gomoney feature that helps you put a tag or label on the money you spend or receive. For example, you transferred Micheal, the barber, N1000 for a haircut. You can then label that transaction as "Selfcare". Or you bought a few dresses from an Instagram vendor, you can label that transaction as "Shopping".
By using categories, you'll be able to find out where and what you spend most of your money on in a month or a year. It helps you track your spending and budget more easily.
There are 19 categories on gomoney. They include; transfers, card purchases, bills, food, family, investments, transport, self-care, shopping, charity, household, groceries, enjoyment, payroll, holiday, savings, health, gift, refund, and loan.
How to add categories after a transfer
1. After sending money out of your gomoney account a screen pops up showing all 20 categories. You can easily select one of the categories that best describes the transaction done.
2. On your home page, tap on any of the recent or past transactions that you'd like to categorize. Tap on the category button, and change it to your preferred category.
How to Track Your Monthly Spending
1. Go to reports in your gomoney app
2. Tap on the month you which to analyze
3. View how much you've spent on each category.